Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dealing with less than awesome customers

I have been debating talking about this for a little while now because I don't want to sound ungrateful or nasty, but...

I like to think of this space as nonjudgmental and also a place to look to others in the area for advice and guidance.

So,

How do you deal with customers that are significantly less than awesome?

I've encountered quite a few and it just breaks my heart.

I would be perfectly fine with them contacting me directly to try and rectify what it is that they are unhappy with but it never seems to happen. It moves directly from ordering, to negative feedback. 

Now, this has only happened to me once a few months back but it really bothered me.


So, what I'm asking of you fine friends is what would you do in a sitaution where there is no message or email if there is a problem, it just moves to negative feedback? What do you do to prevent this happening in the future?



1 comment:

  1. You must be so frustrated! To get negative feedback with no chance to correct the problem... How upsetting.

    Is there a common thread to the negatives? Obviously if the same thing is going wrong repeatedly, you know what to focus on.

    If they're just vaguely displeased, you might need to look at your product in general. Perhaps you have some trusted and non-judgmental friends who could act as test subjects for you. Getting another perspective or three might help you see things through the customer's eyes and help you figure out what the holdup is.

    This is a really sensitive issue, and I'm glad you took the time to bring it up. Sometimes customer service problems can be tricky, especially to prevent in the first place. If there's any way I can help you, I'd be happy to.

    ReplyDelete